CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Easy Peach Cobbler


Peach cobbler.  It's a beautiful thing.  It makes me happy in the warm and...follow me here...ooey gooey inside kind of way.  You know, that true happiness that emanates from some place deep inside you.  The type of happy that makes you smile stupidly at passers-by and skip around humming sickeningly annoying songs.  The type of happy that I need on some days, like days when I feel like ripping the heads off of pretty pink stuffed bunnies.  No, don't hide your children from me,  just use this recipe and make me some peach cobbler.  I'll be hearing blue jays singing in no time.

What you'll need:

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk (whole milk works best)
1 can sliced peaches in heavy syrup (do not drain the syrup)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°.  Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

1.  In baking dish, mix together butter and sugar using a fork.
2.  Sift together the flour and baking powder.
3.  To the butter and sugar mixture, alternate adding flour and milk until smooth.  Mix well after each addition.
4.  Pour peaches and syrup over the top.
5.  Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown.

Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments:

Post a Comment