Monday, January 2, 2012
What you'll need:
18.25 oz box Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup oil
2 Tablespoons Maraschino Cherry Juice
16 oz container Vanilla Frosting (or your homemade frosting)
1/2 tub Whipped Topping
-1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
-2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Stir in 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice.
3. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
4. Bake for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
5. Prepare chocolate sauce by melting chocolate chips in 2 tablespoons milk over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
6. In a large bowl, combine frosting and whipped topping.
7. FROST EM!! Spread or pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Spoon a teaspoon of chocolate sauce over the frosting, add some sprinkles and a maraschino cherry.
Makes 24 cupcakes.