CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stella Artois Chili

I've been making chili for a long time.  It's one of those dishes that you first learn how to make and then spend years trying to perfect.  I think I finally perfected mine this time, with a little help from my friend Stella.  You see, we had a friend visiting for our wedding a few weeks ago, and he loves Stella Artois.  He drank a few, giggled on the couch, fell asleep, and ultimately forgot that he shoved two behind the milk jug.  Oh lucky day.  I love beer, but I don't drink often.  So, there Stella sat...behind the milk jug for two weeks.  I consumed one when I was making my Chocolate Covered Turtles post.  Because, ya know, chocolate and beer go together so well.  The other went into the most mouth-watering, satisfying, crave-inducing chili I have EVER made.  EVER.  So, here's to the perfect batch of chili, laced with Ms. Stella Artois.


What you'll need:


1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 red onion (chopped)
1/2 green bell pepper (chopped)
2 14.5oz cans "chili ready" tomatoes (seasonings already in the can)
1 15.5oz can dark red kidney beans (drained)
1 15.5oz can chili beans (partially drained)
2 tablespoons Garlic Salt or Garlic Powder
1 11.2oz bottle Stella Artois
salt and pepper to taste

1.  In a skillet, over medium heat cook chopped onion and bell pepper for about 5 minutes or until onion is tansparent.  Set aside.

2.  In a skillet, over medium heat, brown 1 lb lean ground beef for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink.  Drain well.

3.  Add browned beef and onion/pepper mixture to slow cooker.  Add remaining ingredients and stir well.  I recommend pouring the Stella Artois in last, and giving it all a good stir.

4.  Cover and cook in slow cooker for 6-10 hours on low.  Serves perfectly with corn chips, sour cream, sliced jalapenos, and shredded cheddar cheese.



0 comments:

Post a Comment