Stop buying refrigerated cookie dough...PLEASE? It's simple to make your own and it tastes sooooo much better. It freezes nicely if you make too much (like I always do). Your family (and your tummy) will thank you for this!
Cream together butter and sugar...
Yeah, that's it....Now, add eggs and vanilla. Dissolve the baking soda and add it too, along with the salt.
Stir in flour and chocolate chips.
Drop by (glorious) spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Try not to eat the batter...
What you'll need:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar (tightly packed)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°.
1. Cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
2. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Stir in vanilla extract.
4. Dissolve the baking soda in hot water. Add to batter.
5. Add salt.
6. Stir in flour and chocolate chips.
7. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Makes 24 cookies.
Try this cookie scoop to make your life a little less messy!