Ok, so it's no secret. I make
a lot a heaping number of dishes with chicken. In fact, my family may be only a few chicken dinners away from growing feathers and clucking. I like chicken, but I don't want to be one. And if I were one, this is how I'd want to have my last hurrah.
Remove chicken from crock pot and let it cool slightly. Pick the meat apart with 2 forks and return to the crock pot and let it lounge in the sauce. In the meantime, bake 2 (or more) large potatoes. I'm talking big daddy taters. Not little spuds. Let them cool and scoop the insides into a bowl. Save the jackets for stuffing.
In a large bowl, mix together potatoes, cheddar cheese, butter, whipping cream, salt and pepper.
Mix it up, baby.
Return all of that lovely, cheesy goodness to the potato jackets. Stuff carefully or you'll tear the potato skin.
Top with more cheese and bake until cheese is melted (about 10 minutes).
Top with chicken.
Hers. Because I like it hot!
What you'll need:
3 chicken thighs, skins removed
1 large onion, chopped
2 cups BBQ sauce (to my sauce, I also added: 2 tbsp prepared mustard, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
2 large baking potatoes
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for topping potatoes)
1/4 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
Save yourself some time and cook the chicken in the crock pot (6-8 hours on low) along with the onion and BBQ sauce (along with any other add-ins).
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Remove chicken from crock pot and allow to cool. Use two forks to shred the meat. Return to crockpot and let it sit in the sauce.
3. Bake 2 potatoes and let cool. Scoop out potato, reserving the skin for stuffing.
4. In a large bowl, combine potato, 1 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, whipping cream, butter, salt and pepper. Whip until smooth and creamy.
5. Carefully spoon this mixture back into the potato skins.
6. Top with cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Top with chicken and BBQ sauce (along with any other toppings you desire).