After a long (but great) weekend, the last thing I wanted to do on Sunday night was go to the grocery store to pick up dinner. So, I stood in front of the refrigerator...thinking....
Huge bottle of ranch dressing...check
I can do this. And, who doesn't like bacon and ranch and chicken. If you don't, there's something wrong...just kidding. No, seriously. Who doesn't? Especially when it turns out like this.
Halve 3 chicken breasts and season (I used Lawry's Garlic Salt)
Fry 6-8 pieces of bacon, drain and crumble.
Fry chicken in bacon grease. Until chicken is brown on both sides.
Cover bottom of an 8x8 dish with 1/4 cup ranch dressing.
Lay the chicken on top of the dressing.
Crumbled bacon goes over the chicken (it's ok if some accidentally falls into your mouth)
Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup ranch over the chicken and bacon
Top with mozzarella (or any kind of cheese) and place in oven.
Out comes glorious, cheesy perfection! Trust me, you'll want seconds.
What you'll need:
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut in half)
6-8 pieces of bacon (fried and crumbled)
1/2 cup (more or less to taste) Ranch dressing
1 cup mozzarella cheese (or your favorite cheese blend)
Preheat oven to 375°.
1. Fry 6-8 pieces of bacon and drain on paper towels.
2. Brown chicken breasts in bacon grease on each side (about 1-2 minutes per side).
3. Cover bottom of an 8x8 baking dish with 1/4 cup ranch dressing (save 1/4 cup for topping).
4. Lay chicken over the ranch dressing.
5. Top with cooked, crumbled bacon.
6. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup ranch dressing over the chicken and bacon.
7. Top with cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is brown.
Makes 6 servings.