What you'll need:
**For the cupcakes**
1 19.5 ounce box Duncan Hines Strawberry Supreme Cake Mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup fresh strawberries (chopped)
**For the icing**
1 stick sweet cream butter
1 lb box powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 3.4 ounce Strawberry Cream Jello pudding mix (unprepared)
12 strawberries, sliced (stems removed)
Preheat oven to 350°. Line 12-24 count muffin pan with paper liners.
**Prepare the Cupcakes**
1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting milk for water.
2. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped, fresh strawberries.
3. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 way full.
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before applying icing.
**Prepare the icing**
1. Melt 1 stick of butter in the microwave.
2. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar on medium speed until smooth.
3. Add unprepared pudding mix. Mix on medium speed until well blended and PINK!
4. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. This may be a little more or a little less than the 1/2 cup the recipe calls for.
5. Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes.
6. Top each cupcake with 2 strawberry slices.
When working with buttercream frosting, consistency is key. If it is too runny, simply add a little more powdered sugar and blend well. If it is too stiff, add more milk and blend well.
See how easy that was? I'm still shocked, I think I need another cupcake.