Sunday, March 27, 2011
What you'll need:
2 sticks of unsalted sweet cream butter (room temperature)
3 cups of sugar
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups all purpose flour
6 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a bundt or tube pan with non-strick cooking spray and lightly flour the sides and bottom.
1. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
2. Add the sour cream and mix thoroughly.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda.
4. Alternate the flour mixture and eggs (one at a time), beginning and ending with flour, making sure to mix well after each addition.
5. Add the vanilla and mix until incorporated.
6. Pour the batter in greased and floured pan (a 10-inch pan works best for this recipe).
7. Bake at 325° for 1 hr and 15 minutes.
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Stir the cream or milk and sugar together until smooth. Pour over cake.