Sunday, March 20, 2011
What you'll need:
3-4 large fresh yellow "summer" squash (washed) and sliced 1 inch thick
1 large white onion (roughly chopped)
1 cup mild cheddar cheese
2 oz cream cheese (cut into pieces)**optional**
12 TownHouse crackers (crushed)
2 tablespoons butter (melted)
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
1. Slice squash 1 inch thick. Chop onion. Boil for 8-10 minutes or until squash is tender and onion is transparent. Drain and transfer to baking dish.
2. Top squash and onion mixture with dollops of cream cheese.
3. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
4. Top with crushed crackers and drizzle with melted butter.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated all the way through and the cheese & crackers are lightly browned.