CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cajun Chicken Pasta

I'm sure everyone has noticed that I haven't posted much lately.  I promise, my friends, there is a good reason for this.  I have been having migraines for 3 weeks now and cooking has kind of been one of the last things on my aching mind.  I've made one E.R. visit and have spent many hours in bed or in the shower holding my throbbing head in agony.  Yesterday was the first day in 3 weeks that I've not had a headache.  I am hoping I am  on the other side of this now.  Last night, I was back in the kitchen...with fervor.  I was happy to be there, creating and cooking.  What made me even happier, was sitting down with my love and eating this delicious bowl full of comfort food.  A tummy "bear-hug" if you will.  I felt pain-free, full, and happy.  

What you'll need:

8 ounces Penne Pasta (prepared according to package directions)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning (I used Tony Chachere's)
2 tablespoons Butter
1/2 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
1/2 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
4 fresh mushrooms (sliced)
1 green onion (minced)
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon Lemon Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
2 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese (a little extra for garnish)


Directions:

1.  Prepare 8 ounces of Penne pasta according to package directions.  Drain and set aside.
2.  Coat chicken strips with 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning.
3.  In a large skillet over medium heat, saute seasoned chicken in butter about 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink.
4.  Add peppers, onion, and mushrooms.  Cook for 5 minutes.
5.  Reduce heat to low and stir in heavy whipping cream.
6.  Add seasonings:  Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and black pepper and heat through.
7.  Add parmesan cheese to sauce and stir until melted.
8.  Spoon over prepared penne pasta, add a little parmesan for garnishing, and serve.

**NOTE**  If you prefer a thicker sauce, I recommend making or using alfredo sauce**


  

0 comments:

Post a Comment